Board Meeting Highlights
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JANUARY 24 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the January 24 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were President/CEO Steve Smith and Vice President Power Supply Dave Sandefur, both of Hoosier Energy.
- The December 20, 2017 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- Steve Smith, CEO of Hoosier Energy presented a patronage capital credit check for 1993 retirement to Chairman Vogel. Mr. Smith gave a brief update focusing on Hoosier Energy’s 2017 performance results and key issues facing Hoosier Energy and the electric utility industry.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
- Seibert updated directors on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
- Seibert reported on a 2017 Hoosier Energy patronage capital allocation.
- Seibert provided a 2018 NRECA CEO Conference report.
- Seibert discussed the 2017 member meeting survey results.
- Seibert reviewed a renewable energy report for 2017.
- Seibert provided a 2017 NISC capital credit summary.
- Seibert updated directors on the MISO 345 kV line project.
- Seibert reported on a Hoosier Energy manager’s association meeting.
- Seibert reported he attended a Perry County Port Authority board meeting.
- Seibert reported the following dates: LEDC Annual Meeting – January 26; IEC Legislative Meeting – February 15-16; 2018-2019 Strategic Planning Session – February 22-23; NRECA Annual Meeting – February 25-28; NRECA Director’s Conference – March 26-28; NRECA Legislative Conference – April 8-11.
- The Board approved the inventory adjustment for the year ending December 31, 2017.
- Chuck Tiemann, Senior Risk Management/Regulatory Compliance with Indiana Electric Cooperative provided personal protective equipment, rubber gloves, rubber protective equipment & safety rules review on January 8. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- 2018 committee assignments were reviewed by Chairman Vogel.
- Seibert updated directors on an Annual Meeting Committee meeting held January 22. The 2018 annual meeting will be held Tuesday, April 17 at the Spencer County Youth and Community Center. Activities and times will remain the same as last year.
- A Youth Tour Committee Meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, February 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Director K. Waninger was selected delegate to the Hoosier Energy Annual Meeting to be held April 5, 2018.
- Director G. Waninger was re-elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Hoosier Energy director for 2018.
- Director training opportunities were reviewed.
- The next two regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings will be held Friday February 23, 2018 and Wednesday March 21, 2018.