Board Meeting Highlights
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JANUARY 23, 2019 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are
highlights of the January 23 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton.
Also present was system engineer, Todd Hammond.
2. The Dec. 27, 2018 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. Hammond povided and update from the engineering department.
5. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided directors with a Cooperatives One update.
b. Seibert reported the NRECA director election will be held February 20 at IEC for the election
of an Indiana director to serve on the NRECA board.
c. Seibert provided a 2019 NRECA CEO Conference report.
d. Seibert reported Journeyman Lineman Travis Goffinet will participate in the 2019 IEC
Project Indiana effort.
e. Seibert updated the board on a 2019 cost of service study.
f. Seibert reported on the 2018 Hoosier Energy capital credit allocation.
g. Seibert provide a 2018 renewable energy report to directors.
h. Seibert reported on the INDOT I-64 Dale rest area potential closing.
i. Seibert reported the following dates: LEDC annual meeting – Jan. 25; NRECA director’s
conference – Feb. 10-12; NRECA annual meeting – March 11-13.
6. The board approved the inventory adjustment for the year ending Dec. 31, 2018.
7. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory compliance with Indiana Electric Cooperatives
provided safety leadership training on Jan. 23.
Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
8. The board reviewed section 8 of the NRECA good governance task force report.
9. 2019 committee assignments were reviewed by Chairman Vogel.
10. Seibert updated directors on an annual meeting committee meeting held Jan. 15. The 2019
annual meeting will be held Tues., April 16 at the Spencer County Youth and Community
Center. Activities and times will remain the same as last year.
11. A Youth Tour committee meeting has been scheduled for Wed., Feb. 21 at 5:30 p.m.
12. Director Gary Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held Jan. 14.
13. Director Randy Kleaving was selected delegate to the Hoosier Energy annual meeting to be
held April 4, 2019.
14. Director G. Waninger was re-elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Hoosier Energy
director for 2019.
15. Director training opportunities were reviewed.
16. The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wed.
Feb. 27, 2019 and Wed. March 27, 2019.